Friday, September 14, 2007

potty training

Butter would'nt melt in his mouth..............



Yes its that time!! I have finally decided to socialize my boy! Kyle is almost 3 now and still sucks a dummy (pacifier) carries around a sippy cup and has a bulging diaper (nappy). He attends a montessori pre-school, where he is required to empty his bladder frequently in the bathroom provided. All of kyles peers have mastered the art of controlling their bladders, and although he is older than many of them, Kyle clearly has not! It is very interesting to me, that this fact does not appear to embarrass him or even phase him in the slightest. He will have mature discussions, (and even arguments) all the while filling his ever sagging nappy. I close my eyes sometimes and imagine my little red head boy all grown up, with a full grown beard, waddling up to collect his law degree certificate, with hs supersize pamper on!
anyway so we are going for it!!! I told kyle that he could have a present if he stayed dry ALL DAY! he said he wanted a new superman t-shirt. So we had a deal, kyle was soo good, he stayed dry ALL morning, doing all his wee wees in his potty. Even when we went to visit Cheryl, we took our special potty with us, and he did great! Kyles cousin Lani (who has nearly perfect control of her bladder) decided that she wanted to try kyles potty too. which resulted in another argument of course. Kyle continued to do his business in his little potty for the rest of the afternoon. staying dry for a consecutive 9 hours! I believe he might get that superman t-shirt after-all....
Jill came round to check out Marks latest project, and we were chatting, when I noticed Kyles tell tail triangle, it was a darker shade than the rest of his trousers. urggg he was doing soo well! It was then that I saw it! A suspicious looking lump down one of his trouser legs, I silently hoped that it could perhaps be a toy or something that he put down his pants, but the waft that accompanied the lump, filled the room with a pungent stench, that singed the hairs in my nostrils. It was a smell that not even a mother could love! and all the while I was concerned about his bladder problems, I forgot to acknowledge his bowels. It is going to be a long hard training process!!! anyone want to borrow a 2 year old for a couple of weeks?

3 comments:

Mary-Sunshine said...

Bethie, I am not going to lie, that is soooooo funny! I love it! Kyle is sooo funny! I love the little things he does! The best part, I can totally hear you saying all of this to me!

Lindsey F. said...

So, let me know if you have any great potty training tips. We've tried a couple times, and obviously Zander wasn't ready. So, I'm done until he asks.

Larsens said...

how could you ever be mad at that adorable face! i loved the whole blog update... i read it all. good luck with the whole bladder thing... i am not looking foward to my turn!