Sunday, September 23, 2007

california here we come................

The Funnest Day EVER!!!

I have ALWAYS wanted to go to california. I have lived in america for nearly 5 years, and nope... never been to california, which is 6 hours away from where we live. On friday morning, we decided we would go! sooo when Mark got home from work, we left for disneyland!! (we like to be impulsive!) We got an amazing deal on a hotel, which was just 1 mile away from disneyland. Kyle and Brody enjoyed looking out the window because we were up so high. The next morning we set off nice and early (8.30am) for our adventure. It was raining and chilly, (a strange concept to our arizona accustomed skin) but we were all excited.





Disneyland was fun, we got to go on lots of rides together, kyle especially loved the buzz lightyear ride, because he got to shoot monsters with a lazer gun! Mark was playing to win that game, even though his competion was his 2 year old son!


Now, as most of you know, I am all about the food! But it is with deep regret that I report.... my raging tastebuds were left unsatisfied and disappointed. Marks wallet felt the same way!



Kyle and Brody had alot of fun, and it was definately worth it. The highlight for the boys was when we got to watch a live show with playhouse disney! Just to make you aware... this is kyle absolutle favourite tv show!! He watches it EVERY morning, and he LOVES bear in the blue house, and jojos circus and all the rest. Kyle watched in stunned amazement, with his 2 fingers in his mouth (which we have discovered he does when he is overwhelmed with delight) Bro-bro danced and clapped his hands!






Recently I broke my foot, and it is feeling alot better, but after a whole day of walking around in my pumas, I really wished I had ignored the doctor and wore my trusty flip flops (they just make sense!) and they certainly air things out, if you know what I mean? When we eventually found our car, the first thing I did was take off my shoes, and Mark said...."wooooo do you have athletes foot?" Just to be clear, I dont have athletes foot! I am CERTAINLY not an athlete by any means. What I do have, however is.. smelly foot! Mark was not looking forward to the 6 hour drive home, with my feet on board!! Kyle and Brody were knocked out before we pulled out of the parking lot. "before we reversed out of the car park," (for all my scottish readers)


I dont know if it was attributed to the long tiring day, or the fact that I had removed my shoes, but non-the-less, both boys slept soundly the whole way home!






night night Brody

and kyle (no pic) xx






5 comments:

Lindsey F. said...

How fun!!! We took Zander to Disneyland for the first time this year, too, and we loved it! I can't wait to go back. And by the way, I do remember your birthday...October 15th! And all those funny things you remember...I love it!

Mary-Sunshine said...

How fun! I wish we could have gone! It sounds like my little nephews had a blast!!

Frolicking Night Owl said...

Sounds fun!! I'm looking forward to Disneyland or world someday when joel's done with school!

Nina said...

hahahahaha you are so funny I am laughing my head off...I have smelled your stinky feets... I was knocked out for days... love

Anonymous said...

Good words.