Friday, September 14, 2007

apparently I need to update this thing.........


Mark has been working DEAD hard on our house, he has put up panalling in our bedroom and painted the room pale blue, it looks soo pretty, and it actually gives the illusion that it is cool in my house (which is just an illusion) There is definately something wrong with our air conditioning, and I am not liking it. all of our pillows have huge wet patches where our sweaty little heads have been. My ac thingy says it is 74 degrees, but he is definately lieing!!

Anyway, Mark always has a lunch meeting with his work every thursday, They always get to go to good places like... fuddruckers, mattas, etc etc. I am always jealous of marks thursday luncheons, and to top it off, when he comes home, he is sooo full that he doesnt even want to look at what I dragged together for dinner. Sooo yesterday I decided that I too, was going to indulge in something special. I (of course) had my 2 little buddies with me. We decided to go to "oregenos" (highly recommended by mary) I am happy to report that I had a very enjoyable lunchtime experience. I was some-what surprised with my findings, since previous meals out with my offspring have resulted in........ screaming fits, food being thrown, messes, whyning, drinks being spilled, jumping on chairs, tables etc. which is usually why we pay mariana $20 so we can enjoy a meal without having to appologize to several people, including... The hostess, the server, the customers in the booth behind us, and infront and lets be honest.... any table within ear distance of us (which is most tables).
Yesterday I had my little monsters all by myself, and they were angels! I decided to put up some of my tips. When I follow these rules, I dont have to appologize quite as much!

1. order kids meal when you order your drink
2. order your meal
3. when you meal comes ask for a box, order dessert and ask for the bill
4. Throw as much food down your throat as fast as you can. put the rest in the box
5. Slow down and enjoy dessert (strangely enough, I have never EVER had to coach "2 more bites" ) with chocolate chip PAZOOKIES (again recommended by mary)
6. Pay bill & tip with cash
7. get the hell out of there! (thats not a bad word in scotland)

I had such a nice lunch (slightly more rushed than I would have liked) But nobody asked to be re-seated this time. we are getting better!!!

5 comments:

Lindsey F. said...

Okay, you're still hilarious as ever! I love that I can totally (there's that word, do you love it?) hear your voice as I read this! Good tips by the way! I love to eat out, and it's not always a pleasant experience with the kiddies in tow.

Lindsey said...

Beth - you KILL me!!! I am dying laughing here! Keep updating - you make my long work days tolerable!

Mary-Sunshine said...

I love it! Why the heck didn't you ask me to come! You know I am always up for lunch!

Frolicking Night Owl said...

LOVE the pazookies too! Oreganos is right across the street from my dad's office. I got the slice of pizza lunch deal the last time I was there ... the "slice" of pizza is more like 1/2 of a pizza! HUGE! And good luck with potty training ... my least fav thing in this world. When I was working with Marina, I thought I'd NEVER have more children cause I never wanted to potty train again!

Nina said...

beth you are so funny...I don't have words..I just love how you make me laugh until my tummy hurts!!
nina