Sunday, February 6, 2011

my mum sent me to church in a skirt............

Brody is very relaxed in his kilt, but kyle, well, that's another story.......

When Kyle is an old man, He will still remember today.... For today, Kyle was asked/told/bribed to wear a kilt/skirt/girls-dress to church!

We inherited these authentic scottish kilts from my lovely friend Brandis. I could not resist dressing my sweeties up for church in honour of our traditional burn's day.


Kyle does not share my enthusiasm for burns day. And by the time we arrived at church, he was extremely self conscious of his lack of trouser leg. No matter how many times I told him he looked cool, he was just completely mortified. It brought me back a couple of years when I tried to dress him in a pink shirt and tie. This boy likes his clothes to be manly! It's a simple as that. He has drawn his line, and it is far from anything pink, anything skirt-like or in the skirt/dress family. The boy has set his standard and will not be moved on that!

I finally managed to talk him out of the car and as we were walking up to the church doors, Kyle saw one of his friends. A boy from his class. Oh how Kyle envied the boys outfit. This was a cringing moment in my 6 year old boy's life. He ran back to the car with red cheeks. I contemplated taking kyle home to change, but we just didn't have time, so I begged him once again to come inside, and I promised him that everyone would think he looked really cool. Sensing there was no other solution to this terrible situation, Kyle reluctantly (and with head down) slumped his way to the front door, mumbling " This is the worst day of my life!" When out of nowhere the sweet little friend, yelled over to Kyle... "You look COOL!" Kyle scuffled in to the church where nobody laughed at him. This might be worth the promised cookies and ice cream after all!

My peurto rican/ scottish princess..........


A much happier Kyle...


and here's why..........


Happy burns day from Kyle and the rest of them x

4 comments:

I AM JOE PESCI said...

Kilts are cool. I think if we were more Scottish, I'd be making sure my kids were wearing kilts a lot. All of your babies look wonderful!

Maybe have Kyle watch Braveheart and he can see how manly kilts are.

Ruth said...

Oh! I wish I could've made it to church today! I would've loved to see them all in their kilts!!

Cheryl said...

It sounds like I'm not the only one "wuinin" my kids "yife"s. I'm in good company. :)

Owens Family said...

Beth I wish we were in the same ward still, I would have loved to seen your babies. My Jacob would have never worn it for me.