Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Mummy date with Owen.....

A couple of weeks ago Owen's pediatrician referred me to a pediatric urologist for a consultation. She was concerned about his "BOY" area, not looking quite right. (Owen is going to LOVE this post when he is older!)

Anyway so today was the big day, I dropped my other kids off at grandma's house and Owen and I set off to the doctor. The medical plaza was huge, and we were at the top floor (level 5)

We filled out paperwork and waited.........

Then we sat in the dr room and waited..........

Then out of nowhere the fire alarm started RINGING!!! It was LOUD!!! I opened the door and got a huge whiff of something burning. Everybody was frantic, (well I was) and started heading for the stairs, I couldn't believe it! The building was on FIRE!! The sirens were soo loud and lights were flashing. My poor baby boy was covering his ears. "We need to get out of here before we burn to death!!" (I thought to myself dramatically) a single tear rolling down my cheek, my bladder pulsing.
Then all of a sudden the alarms stopped ringing, and someone announced that it was a false alarm! "WAIT.... But I can smell something!" ( I think with accusation)... Long story short... A member of staff was making popcorn in the microwave and burnt it!!! First of all.... how do you burn popcorn in the microwave??? There is a button assigned specifically for popcorn.
Secondly, why am I slightly disappointed that it was just burnt popcorn?? Come on... couldn't it have been something a little cooler??? I feel silly now!
In hindsight I probably shouldn't have push that old granny out of my way!

Anyway so I stumble humbly back into the waiting room when the dr finally enters..... I took off Owen's nappy, The doctor takes one look and says... "yep, That's exactly how a little boy should look!!!" WHAT??? So now I have to decide, do I dwell on the fact that I drove an hour, wasted my morning, had a small panic attack, paid $30 when there was nothing wrong with my son. OR Do I feel grateful for the fact that Owen is a perfectly healthy BOY??

Before picking up the rest of the kids, I decided to go and get some lunch, It was just the 2 of us and it felt nice to be able to enjoy him all to myself. What a wonderful little person he is!!!! I love you O-weee x
some things I love about my boy.....

The way he puts his dummy/pacifier on his plate while he eats.
The way he puts his food onto his spoon by hand.
The fact that he loves his mummy sooo much!
The fact that his dummy is usually pink.
How much he loves to play outside, and attempts to play football and T' ball,
How he copies his big brothers in everything they do.
He is not in a hurry to grow up!
The way that he has created his own little Owen-ese language.
The way that I understand Owen-ese (for the most part)
And there are a million more things I love about my sweet little boy.

5 comments:

This is me... said...

lOVE THIS STORY!

Ruth said...

bwahahaha! I was laughing so hard I was crying!! Poor little old lady!

Nina said...

hahahahahaha you need to send this (and your other stories)to a a newspaper or something..Beth seriously..you have such a talent.. I am laughing hysterically!!!

Cheryl said...

Oh, you can burn popcorn. I can still remember how Jill and Scott's apartment smelled for WEEKS after Scott had a friend over 1 afternoon. The microwave had to be removed from the house for a while, but it never fully recovered from the incident.

Trina said...

hahaha beth your posts are so awesome! You crack me up! Poor old lady...but really poor Owen!