Saturday, January 24, 2009

my conversion to oranges.......

I have never really liked oranges! I just don't like food that takes an hour to get into, and oranges are just not worth the effort in my eyes! but after reading cheryls tribute to an orange, I thought I should try one of these famous fruits she raves about. I tried my first ever pure bred navel orange this morning and..... oh baby I am converted! I could think of nothing else all day and even persuaded my ever willing hubby to go with me to the source of such delightful juicy oranges. His aunt has 10 acres of land filled with citrus trees, and she is kind and generous enough to share her wealth with us. So we went with the boys and had a really fun time picking till our hearts content. It was really muddy and I kept sliding into squelchy dirt and even lost a shoe, all the while screaming and giggling (apparently I was acting too girly for kyle) because he said (very matter-of-factly) "see this is why you shouldn't come with us!" then he added... "Is there a sidewalk or something you could stand on?" sensing I was mildly offended by Kyles remarks, Brody said..." but I like your pants!"
I am so out numbered with boys but I appreciate that they are wired differently from me, and trailing through mounds of mud and dirt and climbing up orange trees is very serious business and should be treated with dignity.

3 comments:

Nikki said...

I can just picture you climbing up trees and trampling through mud. haha. I love oranges I am glad you are converted. You are a lucky girl to have them at your hands. They get expensive at the stores.

Mary-Sunshine said...

I just love your boys! Jared laughed so hard at this!

Anonymous said...

lol. that is great.. just too great.. "but I like your pants". He has already learned how to save himself from a difficult and/or ackward sitiuation.. goodness the only way he can go is up! :)