Monday, January 19, 2009

doctor brody

Ok there is no way I am going to be able to do justice to this story but I have to make an attempt, I am laughing my head off!!!! (outside preston temple england)

Brody took a nap this afternoon which is never good news when it comes to bedtime! So after Kyle dozed off Brody sneaks out his bedroom and makes his way over to me on the couch. I am laying there and Brody starts examining my baby belly. He then says (in his very low voice with a slight stutter) "uuh lets lets uuh take the baby out" and I said go on then, so he puts his chubby little hands on either side of my tummy and starts heaving and grunting. He then lets me know...."uuh the the the baby heavy" He sat for a moment and then said..." I I I get some scissors?" I told him.... "I dont think thats a good idea," to which he responded... " uuh uuh I get a knife!" and I told him again No that will hurt mummy, He thought for a minute and then decided " uuh uuh I get a blue knife?" (which is his little plastic knife) I am totally laughing by now and thought I might go along with him so I said ok. So off he scuffles into the kitchen and comes back with his blue plastic knife and with a very serious face he begins surgery. He gently runs his knife back and forward on my tummy. Looking a little defeated he has another idea.... and off he scurries back into the kitchen drawer and brings with him his yellow plastic knife, and the procedure resumes. I cannot believe how focused he has been on this challenge, and even as I am typing this he has come over several times and lifted up my t'shirt and attempted to perform a c-section on me! This is a boy with ambition, Is he a future surgeon? Only time will tell, but as for now.... I think he is just soo lovable and cute I Love you Bro-bro xxxx Ok bedtime!

8 comments:

Anne said...

Beth- I hope you will get this soon. I am having a good-bye party over here for Holly on Thursday night before she leaves on Sat. I do hope you can make it. Unfortunately I still don't have your correct phone number.. oh but I do have Marks, so maybe I should just call that. Talk to you and hopefully see you soon!!

Krista said...

Hey Beth :) what a sweet little boy! You better sleep with one eye open, you'll never know what your waking up to (and hide all your knifes) I hope your feeling good, just a couple months left!

Leah said...

Sounds like he is so dang excited for the arrival of his baby brother! What a cute story.

Anonymous said...

How funny the things they think of!

Cheryl said...

Oh, Bro-bro! :-)

Jenna said...

what a cutie!!! Love it :)

The Curtis Family said...

Now that is just plain cute. Of course, my kids all think that is precisely the way babies come out of a mommy's tummy (because that's the way we've done it!). How logical of him! :)

mad white woman said...

Ha! That sure is funny. Little kids have the craziest ideas.