Monday, November 26, 2007

I am still full from thanksgiving dinner!!!!!

I have lived in america for nearly 5 years now. I get asked questions on a daily basis, some of my favorites are........ these are the responses I would like to give (but never do!)



1.Did you learn english when you moved over here? no comprehend?

2.Do you have color tv over there? nope we still shovel coal into the back of our black and white tvs!

3.I bet you think our hospitals are amazing? hmmm I think they are expensive!

4. I bet you're enjoying living in freedom now! because I lived in captivity in scotland?

5. do you celebrate 4th of july? independance from the uk? I am from the UK!

6.do you prefer to be called english or irish? Emmm.... SCOTTISH please!!!!

7. Do you know my great Uncle Alfred once removed, He is from Scotland? No I dont know him, or your great aunt Mabel or even your grandad Bert the 4th. dont know any of them!

8. Does this sound like a scottish accent? Not in the slightest!

9. do you celebrate thanksgiving in scotland? and the answer is ...no we do not celebrate thanksgiving in scotland, but to be honest with you, it is a holiday that I have had no trouble embracing!! anything that requires eating all day long, is defiately something I want to be part of!! and I think I do it like a full blood american!!! Thanksgiving was great!


ps dont be offended fellow americanos, I love you to bits!!!




Last weekend Mark and I drove to the cabin with the boys. It was soo c-c-c-old, We bundled up nice and warm. The cabin looks so pretty and we had a lot of fun together. The famous crying face!








CuTe LiTtLe BrOdY

Brody is 16 months and still can't walk! He crawls around wherever he needs to go, and the rest of the time he gets carried around by me. I am enjoying getting to keep him as a baby as long as I can! Although he can't walk, he can totally talk! He says whatever we ask him to say (we dont let him say "poo-poo" words) and honestly, nobody believes me about this, but.. he can sing!! He sings full songs and they are totally on tune and everything! he can sing twinkle twinkle, sunbeams, child of god, and little einsteins. but the catch is.... he wont perform for anyone but me and mark, mark is my witness that we have a musical genius in our family! watch this space because Brody is going to be a star!!!

FuNnY LiTtLe KyLe!

Kyle is really turning into a little man! He likes to keep us all in check! Lately he has been concerned with peoples choice of words. He is constantly listening out for "naughty" words. Like... "Oh man, dang it, or crap" (I was even told off for saying "thats cute!") kyle will gasp and exclaim horrified, "you said a bad word!" He is always telling brody off for his baby babble which can sometimes sound a little like "poo-poo" Kyle feels like it is his calling in life to make sure that no offensive words are spoken!

A few weeks ago, I was talking to Kyles pre-school teacher, and she said to me that he was the only child in the class that had never been asked to sit on the time-out chair. I was so proud of him, that I thought my heart was going to burst out of my chest. Last week when I was driving him home from school, he proudly told me, " mommy I got to sit on the time out chair!!" He was VERY pleased with himself!!!


Kyle really is such a good boy, I am so glad that he is my oldest child, because he is such a good example to his little brother. He is very sensitive and always wants to make sure everyone is happy (especially his mum) The other day I gave him a bowl of ice-cream, and he said... "mommy you are such a good cooker! I lub ICE-CREAM!" It was dreyers, but it still made me feel good!! I do love my special little boys!!!

7 comments:

mad white woman said...

your question & answer session made me laugh. ha! i bet you have so many more. a few weeks ago your name came up at enrichment and i was saying how i missed your lovely SCOTTISH accent. :) hope you're enjoying your new home and everything else!

Cheryl said...

1. I have never been more offended in my life by such comments. How dare you! I don't know if we can be freinds again! Sob, sob, sob...

2. I don't know why you say no one believes you about Brody. I always tell you I belive you, and I have heard him a little bit, espeically when he thinks I am not watching.

3. I, too, adore Kyle. He always makes me laugh. I have also witnessed his love to make sure everyone is using appropriate language. Last night when I was giving him and Lani a bath, he told him in a very horrified, solemn tone that Lehua had said, "bum bum" when she told him to sit down. Love that kid!

Laura said...

I get all those questions too! Every single one of them... One time I was getting my hair cut and at the end of the cutting the hair dresser told me "you're English is pretty good." If I hadn't swallowed my tongue right then I'd have told her, "Ofcourse it is! I speak better English than you!"

Larsens said...

i love to read about the pugmire boys. you have the cutest little family bethie! i love having family bragging rights to them!!

Anonymous said...

you are such a cute mom! and a lucky one too!!!

Mary-Sunshine said...

Ok, first of all, I love the wuestions you get asked! It did make me laugh, I am sorry you have to put up with it! Second, i totally back you up about Brodys singing, I have heard him, and I have no doubt he is going to be a musical genious, he has loved music from the get go!

Laura said...

I love your new page.