Sunday, April 22, 2012

I believe in angels...... yes I do!

Tonight after a busy Sunday, we just cleaned up dinner and put the baby down to bed. I settled the three boys on the couch with a movie and sat down to the computer for a few minutes. I was happily browsing through the pictures of Marks cousin's wedding, sipping my diet coke.... when all of a sudden I had an impression to "check on Owen!!" I kind of brushed it off (he was fine, just sitting watching a cartoon with his brothers) Then I felt it again... "Go and check on Owen!!" I casually went through to the family room and discovered that he was not where I had left him. I walked through the house and he was not there!! I opened the front door and scanned the neighbourhood from my doorstep... no Owen!!! I ran around the house again shouting his name. I could not find him!!!! I pulled Mark off the toilet and told him I couldn't find Owen!! I started panicking! I ran around the corner of my street, yelling for him, but he was not there!! Then I thought... "The car!!" I raced to the car, I tried to open it but the doors were all locked! but through the window I could see his bright blonde hair, he was lying on the floor of the car not moving. Frantically I scrummaged for the keys, and grabbed him. He was fast asleep!! I ran inside with him and gave him a big drink of water, The car was very warm, but Owen was perfectly fine!! "I don't like water!" he said sleepily. This whole experience had happened in maybe five minutes... This could have been tragic. I am so grateful to know that there are Heavenly eyes watching over my babies and helping me to keep them safe.

4 comments:

Ruth said...

Oh, my goodness!!! It really could've ended horribly seeing as it was 105 degrees today! I'm so glad he's okay (but how's your heart??)

bethiepoos said...

My heart is full of gratitude!! It is so humbling to know that I can't do this on my own, but I don't have to. I love my little boy, and I love Heavenly Father for watching over my family.

Leah said...

Wow Beth, that gave me chills. I can't believe that. Isnt the spirit amazing?! I'm so glad he is ok. It definitely is comforting to know the Lord is watching over us. Thanks for sharing :)

I AM JOE PESCI said...

Whew! Good on you for listening to that prompting. Hugs.